Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Fantastic Hy-Vee Stores

You all know how I periodically sing the praises of Hy-Vee and their endeavors to bring their customers the best choices in gluten-free products. Well, they are at again, folks! They are expanding their gluten-free items tremendously and I couldn't be happier! The store on 156th & Maple has polished up their new and improved area in their Health Market and some of their new items look very enticing. It is my understandint that most of the Hy-Vee stores are expanding their gluten-free offerings, but below is a list of new gluten-free items that I know are now at the 156th & Maple Store.

Against the Grain Gourmet Baguettes (frozen)
Schar Classic White Bread (frozen)
Udi's Vanilla, Cranberry, Original and Au Natural Granola (So far I like Udi's products!)
Bob's Red Mill Whole Grain Kasha
Back to Nature White Cheddar Crackers
Hodgson Mill Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix
New Nut Thin Flavors - Barbeque and Hint of Salt
Schar Products:
Penne Pasta
Fusilli Pasta
Hazelnut Wafers
Vanilla Wafers (These intrigue me.....I could make Southern Banana Pudding with them)
Cocoa Wafers
Chocolate Dipped Wafers
Vanilla Sandwich Creams
Chocolate Sandwich Creams
Table Crackers
Bread Crumbs
These are just some of the new products and they have many more! Now I must be honest and tell you that I have not tried any of the products listed yet, but of course I will certainly make that a priority now. I have heard good things about Schar Brand Products and I love Udi's stuff, so we will see how it goes. You must go visit the Health Markets at the Hy-Vee Stores! They improve their inventory every time I visit one. Now the Hy-Vee at 132nd & Dodge is being remodled so that is kind of a mess right now, but when they are done it is going to be fantastic! Also, the Oakview Hy-Vee is moving or they may have moved already.........I will check on that....but it looks like it is going to be an awesome store.

The Hy-Vee at 156th & Maple is having another Sack Sale on May 21st through May 23rd, so this would be a good time to stock up! Last month I posted some other dates for Hy-Vee happenings so check them out.

I have been busy testing recipes for gluten-free cupcakes! Actually I am baking as I write this. I am seeking the best gluten-free cupcake ever, so if you have a suggestion, let me know. Stay tuned and I will have some reviews shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment