Friday, May 10, 2013

Hello out there!  It has been a long time since I have blogged and there are several reasons for that.  First of all, I think I just got tired of talking about celiac and all the tedious details that come with it.  Secondly I was eating way too many carbs and we all know what that can lead to.  Yes, extra pounds, so I decided to take a much needed break from constantly thinking about gluten-free and then came to a realization.......I cannot take a break from the gluten-free life and thinking.......it IS my life and it will be forever or until a miracle takes place (not holding my breath).

I went through a period of time where I was so sick and tired of being sick and tired and having so many aspects of my health tied to gluten, that I think I kind of checked out of the conversation.  No, I stayed on my gluten-free diet (in spite of being glutenized occasionally by some uninformed person at a restaurant or because of my assumption that an item on a menu was still gluten-free).  But I became so weary of meeting new people and having social situations where I either had to explain why I was not participating in a junk food fest or having to explain my health issues to a date that I became pretty cavalier about the whole thing.  And alas, it did not go away and I am still here and I seem to have a new outlook on this "wheat, gluten situation".  It is what it is and I am what I am.  People either accept or they don't............but either way it is my problem, not theirs.  So once again I am on the band wagon to be an advocate for gluten-free living and to sort out all the issues that come along with it. 

I am thrilled to say that the Farmer's Markets are back in full force and I could not be happier!  I have pined away for this weekend tradition all winter and am looking forward to strolling aimlessly through the booths and being surprised by the bounty that is the Markets.



No comments:

Post a Comment