Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mail Orders

OK, when living a gluten-free life sometimes you just want to go on line and order something new and exciting and wait with guarded anticipation for it to be magically delivered to your door. Now I have tried several places and one place that I HIGHLY recommend is Mariposa Baking out of Oakland, California. They have a lovely website and oh my do they have some wonderful products. And if that isn't enough sweetness, they are not very expensive and their products always arrive fresh and delicious. Let's look at several of their delights. First, they have these amazing coconut lemon squares...........oh just amazing! They are bursting with flavor and one square is just enough to satisfy you.......at least for a little while until the craving overtakes you and you need another one. Next they have an amazing little coffecake (when I say little I mean little....just enough for two people - or one if you want it all to yourself), I warmed it up and it was devine! (and you might want to throw caution to the wind and put a touch of butter on it too)....couldn't hurt. It has great texture and you feel like you are indulging in something very sinful but so nice! A very special treat. Next are their amazing bagels.......oh my, they are so good and they are big! I have bought gluten-free bagels before that are more akin to a small hockey puck than a bagel. These are a totally different story and just heaven. Again you will think you are eating something that you shouldn't be...but alas it is OK! Another one of my favorites in their biscotti. Crisp, full of flavor and just the right amount of crunchy delighfulness. Now these people have not paid me to say this (however I am quoted on their site for their heavenly creations) but I volunteered the comments after devouring all of their products. But don't take my word for it. Go out on a limb and order something off their site and see if you don't think I am right. We all deserve a little treat now and again. Like all gluten-free products, you should keep what you don't eat right away in the freezer. www.mariposabaking.com (You won't be sorry!)

Post note.....The other day I mentioned I was trying Udi's gluten-free frozen pizza crusts. I finally created the pizza and I must say it is by far and away the best gluten-free pizza crust I have tried to date. Nice and thin and crispy the way I like it. Yay!!! I must say I am pretty impressed with these Udi's products. They also have a site: www.udisfood.com. You can order online and I believe I mentioned that their products are starting to turn up at HyVee. Keep smiling, Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment